Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some frogbait off a guy from aquabid and about 50% of the pieces are mushy and brown. The other pieces have some brown leaves but the stems are strong and have nice roots. Will the mushy damaged ones recover? Will the brown stronger bunches recover?

Some photos:

The good stuff:

Good stuff in bowl, bad stuff in bag:

Bad stuff in bowl, bottom center of bowl/photo:

Bad stuff in my hands:

I am pretty happy with what I got none the less plus the other bunches of plants I received from the seller came healthy and green. So I guess if that's all that really suffered, I'm not too upset, I just wanna see if it's salvageable.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Yeah frobit is tough stuff. Even if the still green ones don't completely bounce back, they will start making baby frogbits very quickly which will then do very well. I've had some plant shipments where most of the plants were perfect but a couple of them had turned to mush. I guess it's just one of those things that's hard to prevent when shipping in summer.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The leaves sort of do, and the brown stem like things looks like that piece that attaches the leaves to the "banana". Than the dark brown look like a rotten "banana".
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well either way, Will they recover? There are a few bunches of just roots, no stems attached, could those grow anything or is it just a lost cause?

I know the just leaves won't recover but I'm not sure about the root bunches.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.