Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a pair of african dwarf frogs for my work tank since my new betta, Polo, was a little stressed out by the rasboras I had in there.

Oh. My. Glob. They are so cute I just want to squeeze them. They also are the first creature other than a snail that I have actually physically witnessed eating some decaying plants (still trying to figure what plants will do well in this tank). They both immediately went for the little patch of plants and took adorable little mouthfuls of the dying ones. So in addition to being murderously adorable, they will also be useful. So. Cute.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I don't know that I would count on them to eat plants. They were more than likely exploring. Frogs are obligate carnivores. Dwarf frogs have super poor eyesight so they'll taste anything that might possibly be food.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Obviously I did buy food for them :-D. But they have been happily snacking on the plants all day so for. Either way, they are cute.

·
Registered
483 Posts
They were my favorite tank inhabitants (next to my bettas)-they're adorable little boogers.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I popped in to the chain store that has the largest aquarium selection in the area and they had a whole tank of the guys - they were adorable!

I got a nerite today, but at some point I really think that a couple of ADF's will HAVE to be in my future.

(I'm just a little concerned about feeding them with my current guy. I'm afraid that even with target feeding my betta will come investigate what this new thing in his tank is and - OH FOOD!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts