Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,572 Posts
Looks like I'm checking the Forum as you are posting. :)

IME, Betta don't bother African Dwarf Frogs. It can be the other way around, though. ADF are terribly nearsighted and sometimes think long fins are food. They are social so the ADF group to which I used to belong recommends no fewer than three.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like I'm checking the Forum as you are posting. :)

IME, Betta don't bother African Dwarf Frogs. It can be the other way around, though. ADF are terribly nearsighted and sometimes think long fins are food. They are social so the ADF group to which I used to belong recommends no fewer than three.
OH, WELL THANK YOU AND SORRY FOR DOING SO MENY POSTS

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,572 Posts
The more questions you ask them more you help educate others. And the more questions the better for the community as a whole. So ask away!

What size is the tank? I have found my ADF did better when in at least a 10 gallon. Much less accidental nipping than when I tried them in a 5.5.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The more questions you ask them more you help educate others. And the more questions the better for the community as a whole. So ask away!

What size is the tank? I have found my ADF did better when in at least a 10 gallon. Much less accidental nipping than when I tried them in a 5.5.
it would be abut 20 gallons

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,572 Posts
You should be fine with the ADF in a 20. I had seven in my 20 long.

If you use a terra cotta pot as a "hide" for them, get one that is unpunched (sold in Wal-Mart) and half bury in the substrate. I found some half-pots that worked equally as well. I was advised to not try coconut huts unless the top also had a good-sized hole in it. Two routes of escape are essential since they can drown if they can't find the way out.

ADF do best on frozen or foods specifically made for aquatic frogs. Bloodworms are fatty so shouldn't be their staple diet. Mine ate anything I placed in their feeding dish. I fed my Betta frozen so there was no competition.

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,572 Posts
Aquarium Dwarf Frogs should not be kept singly. There should be at least a trio and a three-gallon is too small for that even without a Betta.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts