Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Azrael (Platinum Halfmoon Betta), Uriel (King HMPK Marble Betta), 4 Boas, & 2 Tarantulas
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both my Bettas staple diet are pellets: New Spectrum Betta Pellets, Omega One Buffet Pellets, Betta Pro Shrimp Patties, & Fluval Bug Bites. Although Azrael isn’t a fan of the New Spectrum pellets like he use to be. Uriel will eat any and everything he can.

I was doing freeze dried bloodworms, Mysis shrimp, Brine Shrimp, & Daphnia before as weekend treats. But recently picked up the San Francisco Bay Freshwater Multi-pack and ditched the freeze dried snacks.

My question is, I know bloodworms should only be given a couple times a week. But what about the other cubes that consist of the Freshwater frenzy & Brine shrimp cubes? How often can you feed those, the same as the blood worms?

I’ve opened 2 cubes already and can clearly tell which is the strictly blood worms pack. I was just curious on everyone’s feeding regimen and what is safe. Thanks in advance!

-Sarah
Blue Font Material property Electric blue Paper

·
Registered
441 Posts
The majority of the food i feed my bettas--all of my fish, for that matter--is frozen. Generally, i feed about 70% frozen and 30% high quality pellets. I NEVER feed freeze dried, which are nutritionally lacking and are the leading cause of constipation, bloat and dropsy symptoms among bettas. So, to answer you question, feed as often as you like providing that you can offer a variety of frozen foods. I use FW multi-pack as well. Though the Emerald Entry contains a lot of greens that bettas usually don't eat. My other fish love the stuff, though. You can also try, frozen plankton, cyclops. baby brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, mosquito larvae, beef heart and 'cichlid delight' which has turkey heart as its main ingredient. Like the frozen food you are using, all are San Francisco Bay Brand and probably available where you purchased Freshwater Frenzy. There are other brands as well. Hikari, for example.

·
Registered
Azrael (Platinum Halfmoon Betta), Uriel (King HMPK Marble Betta), 4 Boas, & 2 Tarantulas
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The majority of the food i feed my bettas--all of my fish, for that matter--is frozen. Generally, i feed about 70% frozen and 30% high quality pellets. I NEVER feed freeze dried, which are nutritionally lacking and are the leading cause of constipation, bloat and dropsy symptoms among bettas. So, to answer you question, feed as often as you like providing that you can offer a variety of frozen foods. I use FW multi-pack as well. Though the Emerald Entry contains a lot of greens that bettas usually don't eat. My other fish love the stuff, though. You can also try, frozen plankton, cyclops. baby brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, mosquito larvae, beef heart and 'cichlid delight' which has turkey heart as its main ingredient. Like the frozen food you are using, all are San Francisco Bay Brand and probably available where you purchased Freshwater Frenzy. There are other brands as well. Hikari, for example.
Thank you very much!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts