Betta Fish Forum banner
5K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  X skully X 
Too bad they don't make those for people who only have one or two Betta.

I feed Baby Brine Shrimp, Bloodworms, Mini Bloodworms, Brine Shrimp with Spirulina (any frozen with Spirulina added), Krill and Freshwater Frenzy.

You want a variety of frozen foods unless you are using it to supplement pellets.

I feed my fish when I think about it; nothing is scheduled. Usually Devour pellets two or three times a day and frozen once. Sometimes only frozen two or three times per day. I'm not a schedule person and neither are my pets. )

I am going to start feeding a majority of Freshwater Frenzy. It contains a variety of foods (Bloodworms, Brine Shrimp, Cyclops and Daphnia) and Gamma Mini Bloodworms (mosquito larvae). I looked it up and Freshwater Frenzy only comes in blister packs,

Frozen only lasts four or five days in the refrigerator. When I have leftovers I put in a medicine bottle. Or, with just one Betta you can scrape off just enough to feed and put the rest of the cube back in the blister pack and in the freezer. If you're going to alternate foods I'd add a piece of tape to keep it sealed.

Emerald Entree's labeled as vegetarian is misleading. First ingredients: Brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, plankton, krill, spinach, romaine lettuce, red-leaf lettuce, spirulina, menhaden fish oil, brewer’s dried yeast, vitamins, etc. On the other hand, Gamma Vegetarian is spinach, peas and carrots. Nothing else.

Speaking of Gamma....@X skully X You might want to check out https://www.liveaquaria.com/category/3631/frozen-food?c=3631&r=3944&s=ts&start=1&page_num=1&count=24. The only "pure" frozen I've found. I may go to it exclusively even though it's a bit pricier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.