Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set up my dragon halfmoon spawn today :) The males sale name was Fruit Tingle and it managed to stick. Hes probably the only fish I have that has a slightly original name.

The male was an impulse buy, he was listed as a superdelta so was nice and cheap. While I was deciding what to do with him I found this girl who was also a bit cheap so here we are.
They both have quite a few flaws but to be honest this is mainly just a fun spawn. Im curious about the colour these two will produce. Male has a royal blue sheen to his scales so will be interesting to see how that plays out when crossed to a dragon

The pair has been introduced today and male went straight to work to build a nest. The female seems more keen than he does, but we'll see how they go... But at this rate I will likely release the girl tomorrow

Heres the pair

Bubblenest being built

I have my fingers crossed for a peaceful spawn

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
If this was the 'Fruit Tingle' male Jodi had up for sale a while ago, I was so close to putting a bid in for him.

Hopefully it is a peaceful spawn as I would hate to see those fins ripped to shreds. Look forward to seeing what these two produce.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Beautiful!!! I love all your spawns!!! Great video too! Makes me want to start up a spawn again... All I need is a pair and some food.... Why must you tempt me with all the beautiful spawns you have going on?!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautiful!!! I love all your spawns!!! Great video too! Makes me want to start up a spawn again... All I need is a pair and some food.... Why must you tempt me with all the beautiful spawns you have going on?!
Mwahaha! do it!!! let me drool over your spawnlogs again!!

I released the girl last night becuase they were both ready to go. Checked on them this morning and found spawning fish :-D

They were looking a bit suspicious under the nest

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eggs have hatched!! :-D
Fruity has a short attention span and is easily distracted, but he seems to be keeping his fry alive which is all I need him to do

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
The female is okay, but man, I love that male you got! Like the "Fruit Tingle" name too lol.

Glad Fruity is taking care of his fry. Honestly few things in a spawning is more frustrating than a bad daddy fish. :mad:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Subbing! Love to see how this turns out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
First, I must say I love the name Fruit Tingle for your male, haha! And second I'm really excited to see how the color turns out, it seems like there's potential for some really cool babies! :)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha thanks :) Fruity is my favourite boy, hes not very smart but he tries his best

Oh yeah lazy males are the worst thing! They drive you crazy

Heres some pics of the babies when they were still in the nest, they turned free swimming today and got their first feed of ve

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We managed to get velvet so there arent many fry from this spawn (maybe a blessing in disguise after my recent batches of 400...) will probably do a respawn eventually. The babies that survived are eating bbs now and getting bigger

In the meantime heres a few more Fruity pics

1 - 20 of 32 Posts