Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! My little betta Shifu has been showing symptoms for almost a week now, its like a white velvet coat all over his body. I thought it was Fungus and started treatment but now I think it might actually be ich...I've attached a photo. Can someone tell me if it is ich or fungus? He was in a very small tank and I think this is what caused his symptoms. He is now in a 30 litre heated and filtered tank. He seems very happy and active I'm just hoping I can clear this up whatever it is :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thank you for your reply! no he isn't rubbing or scratching, he seems very normal actually and is very active and is eating normally. At first it looked kind of velvety thats why I thought it was fungus, but now it looks a bit like a thin layer of very fine salt covering his body.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Thank you for your reply! no he isn't rubbing or scratching, he seems very normal actually and is very active and is eating normally. At first it looked kind of velvety thats why I thought it was fungus, but now it looks a bit like a thin layer of very fine salt covering his body.

Looks like Velvet, not ich.

Fill out this Form though! Many times diseases are cause by poor maintenance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts