Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this 10 gallon yesterday and I thought it would be an awesome future sorority tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Personally I think it still needs much more plants. As someone who has had several soroties in the past, I have found that plants are much better at providing cover and breaking up lines of sight than hides such as terracotta pots, PVC pipes etc.

Females will tend to spend most of their time in the upper levels of the tank. I find it is best to have some sort of floating plant or numerous plants that reach from the bottom of the tank to the surface.

Heavily planting your sorority means that your females aren't in direct eyesight of each other 24/7, and it discourages endless chasing by providing actual physical roadblocks. I rarely had any chasing occur in my 10 gallon sorority because to do so, the pursuer had to literally push their way through the milfoil and watersprite, or jump across the carpet of riccia I had at the surface.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am still working on it. It will be totally covered in fake/real plants soon when I get a little money to buy some plants. I have two anubias plants in it right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts