Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a lily bulb from Walmart and I put in my tank about a week ago and its turning white and fuzzy.. is that mold? Will it hurt my fish?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yes it is molding. if I were you I would take the bulb out and put in a bowl of water to let it sprout.

Wait we are talking about water lilies right and not land lilies?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes ma'am water Lily bulbs. I took it out and put it in a cup of water to see what happens.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Ok... I'm a dude XD lol

But yes I would try that first to let it sprout then. If you don't mind would you post a pic?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oops I'm sorry. Didn't Check the profile. I will when i get home. I actually washed it off so the fuzz is gone.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Ok good that was what I was going to suggest, but wanted to see pic first before suggesting :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you look on the package it says you can return them to the manufacturer. I did this with my aponogeton and lily bulbs because most molded over, they sent me a bunch! All of the ones they sent me grew, and had no dormant periods.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saved it just in case! Its only been about a week I'm wondering if i should just be patient or if mold is mold lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't see any green sprouts yet but i do see some bumps sticking out. How long did it take you to get them sprouted?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts