Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My betta Sashimi decided to jump ship while I was vacuuming his tank today..

The problem is, he landed in a strange place and flopped UNDER the table, so it took me a little while to get to him.. I estimate he was out of the water for a minute to a minute and a half.. When I got him, he was still wet and jumpy, but I did have to get him with my hands and drop him back into his tank. He was a bit dusty, too.

Now he's stressed, understandably, and breathing heavily.

I've added some Seachem prime to both treat the fresh water and to restore his slime coat, and I dropped some aquarium salt into the sump. I'm not sure what else to do :(

This little guy is in the process of coming back from a case of fin rot that he contracted as a former Petco prisoner. He's a fighter, and I'm so very attached.. I want him to be ok.

What else can I do to ensure he recovers?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
He'll be fine. Bettas are only in great risk if their fins dry up, even then I've had fish come back.
Make sure you keep his water clean and observe him for the next couple of days.
If he is having a hard time getting to the surface of the water, then lower the level.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well.. I think he may be alright.. -_- He's back to flaring at the snails..

He lingered at the top of the tank, gasping for about 30 minutes.. He's not currently being as active as his usual self, but that little bit of spunk returning makes me think he'll be ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts