Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm VERY attached to my sweet little Valentino, whom I bought from a breeder on ebay.

Pics for reference. :)

Well, here's the thing. He's amazing to photograph, and I just love his colors and stand out personality!

And now the breeder has one of his sibblings for sale, and the fish looks a LOT like him.

I think I want to buy him because I so love Valentino.

But then I also think I should save room for other fish of different colors. I really enjoy a variety..

I'm so torn! :(

(Might make it easier on me if someone who is lurking went ahead and bought the fish. :p)

This is the sibbling:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/live-Tropic...220?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41666086bc

Le sigh!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I agree with Luimeril!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
How does it work on ebay? If you make an offer, and it's the highest at the time it closes, do you get the fish or can the breeder decide not to sell if the offer is too low?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He can decline your offer, so if you want to make an offer over Buy It Now, you should probably not low-ball it. :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's in the US. The fish get shipped from NY. :) He has a pretty varied selection. I've gotten a few fish from him now, and theyre all doing great.

He also sends freebie fish :D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Does he always send a freebie fish or do you have to contact him beforehand? He has so many pretty ones listed now. What kind of shipping did you use?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Priority shipping is included free with the purchase price. That's the shipping Ive used, and all of my fish have arrive healthy.

He has sent free fish without me asking about it. Dont know if he does for everyone or if you need to purchase a certain amount. I've been a return customer of his, and my first purchase was 3 fish. I've gotten 5 free fish from him total, at least one or two per order, generally.

Just let him know if you don't want any.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I really like your bettas sibling, but have you decided if you are going to purchase him? Do you have an opportunity to add a comment to the seller when purchasing (about the free fish)?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I decided I'm going to wait. :) I really love Valentino, but I think I want to keep him a unique entity in my fish room.

I'll keep my eyes open for other interesting bettas. I only have room for so many, after all! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts