Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over a year ago I rescued Ronnie from an art installation at my university. When I brought him home, he refused to flare but it didn't seem like he was a halfmoon. I settled on him being a delta tail. cool. awesome. over a year later, I turn on his tank lights this morning and he starts flaring like crazy and guess what. He's a halfmoon! I clearly say his caudal fin reach 180 degrees :lol:

ya know, Ronnie, you could have done this sooner....:roll:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Big smiles! It's his belated Christmas present to you. Maybe he will now do it more often and you can post a pic. :-D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Aww, what a surprise. I wonder what has made him suddenly want to flare? lol. My Tael has been flaring since day one xD. I hold up a mirror to his tank every day for 10 minutes (at varying times), just so he flares. He'll have one day off a week though :3

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Awesome! Maybe he's coming into his aggression a bit late.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well he was kept in horrible condition and had severe fin rot/fin melt when I rescued him. He was kept in a unheated, 5 gallon tank with sharp tank decor, and the tank has a crappy sponge filter but the water was never changed the entire time he was in the art installation - which was a little over 3 months. The room temperature never got about 65 and got down to the 50s at night.

I think all of this was why his aggression wasn't showing up :)

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I think so, too. Now, he's healthy, happy, and in a nice home. He has something to be aggressive about!

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As soon as I can get them I will! I haven't been home at all the last two days and am going to be out most of today. If he will flare then I'll snap one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts