Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a beautiful little girl at a local pet store a few weeks ago. I called her Effie, and put her in the 29 gallon. She bubble nests all the time, but i'd heard females do that sometimes. I liked her so much, I decided to start a sorority!

now, Effie's REALLLLLY aggressive towards the rest of the girls, is bigger, has longer ventrals, and a pretty impressive HM spread- like almost 180. i also think i'm misunderstanding what i think is an egg spot. i'm starting to get concerned because i don't want her/him to wear out my little girls, or breed with my other big girl, but i also don't have another place for her (well. I could scrub the 1 gallon Swish used to live in that i used for bbs one time, but it has no light, and idk where to put it). eventually i could MAYBE divide a 3 gallon tank for her/him and Reuban buuuut i'm hoping to high heaven that Effie is a girl.

does anyone have an opinion? here are a couple of dark pictures of the fish in question.

the tail that i'm super in love with

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Male traditional plakat.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
She does look like a male.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Male plakat most definitely! Very handsome! And an unlit 1 gallon is probably safer for him and thebrest of the girls than him being in the same tank! Just a thought. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.