Betta Fish Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
:D pretty much~ A gravel vac (if you don't already have one) would probably be helpful for you, you can do the weekly 50% water changes while getting out any poop in gravel during the regular water changes.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Yep, I have a gravel vacc. Will vacc. the gravel work for cleaning after the previous fish died, or does it actually need to be taken out? Thanks for sticking with me on this.

Neons are far more sensitive to water parameters then Bettas. Since the Neons are fine, could be you just happened to get unlucky and buy a sick betta.

Look for a betta that is alert and fairly small ....

:) I would agree with the active part, but not small. Some fish (like my little sister's) seem to have had their growth stunted due to poor water quality While at the lfs and just stay juvenile sized

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Oh, I'm so excited! I'm working on getting a heater, but I've had to settle for test strips vs the liquid testing kit.

I always look for the active ones, or ones that are flaring, but the VT's that are at the lfs are all the same size anyways.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.