Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently got a 55 gallon tank and I already have plans for dividing it, planting it and such. Now the big question is adding fish? I am going to take my friends two full grown plecos. One is a clown and the other is a rio ***** who both have been together for a few months now. I figured one on each side of the divider, they can see each other but obviously are separate. I'll have a Betta on either side. I know they are both friendly since the lady I got takumi from said he was in a communal tank and Adelbern came from a friends tank. It's about a 25gallon split so I could I add a small school of something on either side? Would that be too much? I was also considering snails since I know clown plecos really only eat driftwood

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Angelfish :) one per side. Dwarf gourami, a school of neons...

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I don't think pleco is a good choice. They need something like 120gal or more. And totally don't add angelfish or gourami in with the Betta. As for Tetras, what sort? Make sure you don't have fin nippers. This is assuming the Betta part is definitely gonna happen, because you already have them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would say a molly fish or a angelfish because they can have groups

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Angelfish can be kept in pairs, but not groups. They will pair off, and fight.

Edit: they can be kept in huge tanks, with even numbers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts