Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember me, but for those who don't, I left last October for bootcamp. I left my Bettas under the care of my family, who knew little about them.

Well, 6 months later, I will have my Bettas back tomorrow. I will not disclose how often their water was changed, because they're lucky to be alive.

I'm on here to ask for tips on returning them back to good health. I had planned to fill a divided 2.5 gallon tank to act as a "hospital" while I prepare their original 10 gallon tank for them to go back in.

I was moved from North Carolina all the way west to New Mexico, so I dont know what their water is like yet.

So far, I only have the aquatic salt to treat them with. Hopefully theyre still in good condition.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Welcome back!
I hope all goes well and your fish prevail!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I would treat the water with a standard water conditioner, aq salt and some stress coat. I"ve done wonders with just those and some IAL. The divided hospital sounds ok but one may recover before the other and then get sick again so just watch out for that. Other that those few things you sound prepared. I'm new to here so I dont remember you but welcome back all the same :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Frequent water changes -- NOT 100%, as this adds stress. Start smaller -- maybe 20% per day and then slowly work up to 50-80%

Good luck!

GBose

·
Registered
135 Posts
Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts