Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my 2 baby bettas still healthy and in good condition. Keeping water temp round 78 degrees atm. I just went and bout some tanks for the babies and making sure the stuff that came with them will be good enough until i can upgrade to better equipment. The tanks are 5 gallons each 1 for each baby. I figured they'd be happy once grown to have a lot to do lol. The tank comes with a LED hood with low voltage transformer, a whisper micro filter, a medium filter cartridge for replacement when needed. It has some tetra food and all but i have betta food for the bettas will put tetra food aside in case i decide to get some for a separate tank at some point. Maybe get 10 or so tetra for a glo fish tank. I am going to get a heater and testing kit in next couple days as well as some flora and decor for each tank. I also have some bags of aquarium gravel for tanks. Just checking to make sure im on the right track with everything. After i get everything set up i will post pics

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
It sounds like you are definitely on the right track. Your babies will be very happy in their 5 gallon homes! What bettas really need to grow and thrive is a good heater, clean water, swimming space, and quality food.

Just a couple of tips for you - when you get decorations for the tanks, just be sure you get silk or fabric (or better yet live) plants and check your decor for sharp edges. Rinse your gravel well before you put it in the tank. Also, as for the filter, you don't want to replace the cartridge until it is literally falling apart to the point where it's unusable. That's where all the good bacteria for your tank live!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so only a couple days until all my supplies, heater, thermometer, decor, flora, etc will be here in a few more days to outfit one of my 5 gallon tanks for the babies. of course my other one will have a bit more time in the 1.5 gallon they sharing. I hate it is taking me so long to get everything and there still a bunch more to get but i will have enough for one to go into a 5 gallon soon. I know with 5 gallons u dont have to change water as frequently as a 1.5 gallon. Atm i am doing a 50% one day on the 1.5 then wait 2 days and do a 100% water change. With 1 5 gallon is it ok to do a 25% and 50% each week or would that be wrong ration of water change? Thank you for all yall help on my couple threads i have posted i'm glad i stumbled among this site lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.