Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been wondering why Ghoul's tail isn't too "flowy" yet as I've had him for a few months now.
So, I checked some pictures of common Betta tails. And what do you know. One that I didn't know about caught my eye (I've heard this type is a bit on the rare size): he seems to be a Spade tail!
Will try to get some good pictures of him tomorrow, and see what your opinions are. I posted in advance because I was excited :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I only managed to grab one good pictrue of him. Is this enough to figure hit type out? Is he a spade?
Today, he also made his first bubble nest. He had some previous small attempts, but this is the only big one and he's still working on it :D

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
That is a female spade just so you know.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
he does look spade, but am not sure though. pitluvs from the looks of the spade tail you show it happens to be a HMPK male betta (sorry if i sound rude) he might be but am not %100 percent sure about it yet

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Well lets wait for someone with more experience to show :) Maybe one of the breeders would like to chime in. All I know is 80% of the "Sapdetails" posted are actually not.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a female spade just so you know.
I really hope you're wrong.
From what I've read, he doesn't show any sign of beeing a female. No "white spot", he built a huge nest, the beard is quite obvious. I know these can't really be 100% sure, but what are the odds that he share so many common signs of beeing a male?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Out of those pictures, the Spade seems to be the closest to how Ghoul's tail looks like. He definitely has a "pointy" tail.
I guess time will tell

1 - 10 of 10 Posts