Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
My name is Tara and I'm a first time betta breeder! I've decided to start off with a challenge (of course...) and go for giants because there are barely any here in Canada.

I'm going to start off with one male and maybe two females to get a hang of it.

I just finished getting all the equipment:
Some 5, 10 and a 20 gallon tank, food, filters, heaters, fake plants and hides for every tank, water conditioner and aquarium salt, a breeder box, water test kit and uhhh I think that's all?
I'm also gonna get them some mystery snails and moss balls for company :p

Now I just need to find and purchase some giants! I'm thinking of using aquabid since its so hard to find giants here in Canada. Anyone know of any good places that'll ship here? Wish me luck! <3

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We've done it guys! We got our first pair!

They're being shipped in from Thailand on August 8th and I'm super excited!

I hope the transit goes well and they're alive and healthy when they get here (I'm pretty worried but the breeder has a DOA policy so that makes me feel a little bit better...)

Here are my two new children! <3 We've got a blue marble male and a lavender female!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE! They’ve arrived here in Canada! I’m going to the transhipper soon so pick them up. I really hope they’re healthy and alive. I’m so excited!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They both are alive, seem healthy and getting accustomed to their new tanks :) The female is a lot more active and exploring while the male is a little more shy.
I'll post pictures and do a name reveal whenever I can get decent pics of them 😂

·
Registered
121 Posts
Good luck!

Something I’d like to add, just a bit of my own experience.

When it came down to me breeding giant bettas, it was difficult to say the least. It has to do with most of the giants being naturally docile. I ended up having quit the whole project all together!

This is not to discourage you or anything of the sort, just a little heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good luck!

Something I’d like to add, just a bit of my own experience.

When it came down to me breeding giant bettas, it was difficult to say the least. It has to do with most of the giants being naturally docile. I ended up having quit the whole project all together!

This is not to discourage you or anything of the sort, just a little heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE
Yeah, I know its a lot tougher than normal bettas! This'll be my trial run :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here we go!
Meet Ky (Kyogre) and Lunala 💕

Ky was very photogenic this morning and definitely coming out of his shell! (uh... scales?)

Lunala is settling a little more compared to yesterday. She's preferring to chill behind the moss balls or inside her little cave. Had a hard time getting a decent picture of her because of that! Couldn't get both her head and her body in the same frame 😂

Also a little extra pic of this snail having the time of their life LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts