Betta Fish Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Oh boy it's been a while since I've last posted!
Here are the three survivors <3 They're just over 2 months old and getting bigger every day!
The two purples have gotten a lot lighter. One's body is basically all white (I'm assuming that's the marbling!)
Haven't been able to tell genders yet as I haven't seen any egg spots... unless they're all boys :p
They're all separated into 10 gal tanks.

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
I see the spot as well! She is super pretty. Sometimes males will show a false egg spot until they mature more. Even had some males flash breeding bars and I was sure they were females. They ended up males haha. Parents are plakats right? If they are male their anal fins will get longer like dad. You’ll definitely be able to tell gender soon.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Here is the marble of the bunch! Aren’t they super funny looking? 😂 I have NO idea what they’ll end up looking like and I’m thinking I might have to keep them so I can find out... LOL
No idea on the gender. Thought I saw an egg spot but who knows!
http://instagr.am/p/CH02IRHh1FZ/

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Ah! Now the cellophane bodies are easy to tell male/female. Shine a flashlight on her from the top or behind and you can see ovaries or eggs. Here is a pic of my shorty cello girl full egged, just for reference so you can see what I mean.

and a view of a male

honestly it was hard for me to determine who was what in my spawn. I remember when I took that 1st pic, I said whoa! Those are definitely eggs! Pretty cool to see for my first time 😄

41 - 45 of 45 Posts