Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i've recenty found out about 2 kinds of betta strains, the King and the Giant.

According to this article the origins the King variety is unknown.

But after doing some research on the Giant betta, i came across this article which explains the origins of the Giant and the Half-Giant betta.

So now I'm wondering if these King bettas are just mislabled Half-Giants.

If you know anymore about these strains, feel free to post here.
I'm sure that if this is true, it could clear up a lot of things in the betta community.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
King is just a over grown betta
And a giant is just a over grown betta
King is just a knock off name of the giant
It's a farm mill fish
Not breed for quality but size

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Giant bettas were specifically bred to be large. If you read the second article, its clearly stated.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Kings are just big bettas. TBH I've purchased Thai bettas that weren't giants that were almost the size of a king (the ones in my avatar). It's just a PetCo name to make money.

King bettas are believed to come from some sort of cross to a wild species (unsure) but it could just be the mutation of the fighter plakats. They're not giants or really even half giants. They're just big bettas.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I know giant line came from a over grown fighter.
Which they pick the biggest one to breed in the f1.
N continue to breed until they the maintain the big size.
Selective breeding
Picking two over grown fish will mostly produce over grown size offspring

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Kings are just big bettas. TBH I've purchased Thai bettas that weren't giants that were almost the size of a king (the ones in my avatar). It's just a PetCo name to make money.

King bettas are believed to come from some sort of cross to a wild species (unsure) but it could just be the mutation of the fighter plakats. They're not giants or really even half giants. They're just big bettas.
Hey the Pk u order from Thailand
What kind of blood is it.
The only one I know that's big are the Malay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts