Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CT whose right gill is bent as if he's flaring even when he's not, is there anything I can do to fix it? When I bought the fish he showed no signs of this.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Just try to keep the water as clean as possible--sometimes these guys get stuck on decor or scrape themselves on plants. Just try to keep it from getting infected by being extra diligent with your water changes and cleanings. Usually with time the gill flap will get back into position and lay flat again. One time I had a fish swim up my siphon tube and get stuck--boy was that a terrible moment! Once I got him out his gill flap stuck out for a couple of days, then went back to being normal. You should take the time to examine your decorations for small holes the betta might have snagged the flap in so that it doesn't happen again.

If you can give us some additional information, that might help us give you some additional advice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I keep him in a 1 gallon tank. No heaters needed cos I live in South Asia. No filteration either. No decors or plants I keep him in a bare bottom tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts