Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a "glass" (cellophane, usually with black eyes) pair yield only glassy fry? Is this a solid gene or a marble gene? I'm very interested in them but can't find any information.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I think cellophanes are beautiful. I don't have any experience breeding them however, so I can't answer your question.

·
Super Moderator
6,273 Posts
IME cellophane is a solid gene (or allele) though many of them show through marbling. I think they should breed true since I often get cellophanes if one of the parents were a cello. In fact I got cello's from pairs that come from cello breeding but don't show it physically.... and I don't mean 1 or 2, but 50% cello.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Depending on their lineage, you would get a mix. Probably mostly glass.

Do you know the parents of the fish, or were they bought by chance (finding them after breeding)?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Neither, I don't have the fish yet or necessarily will, just wondering about the genetics. I knew you could get them from marble lines, but I haven't seen any change so I was wondering if they could throw colors...

Do you like cello Indjo? I think they're pretty cool.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ah, well yes. It depends on how far back the genetics go. It's very possible to get marbled, but I'd expect a mix.

And yes, they're neat. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,273 Posts
Neither, I don't have the fish yet or necessarily will, just wondering about the genetics. I knew you could get them from marble lines, but I haven't seen any change so I was wondering if they could throw colors...

Do you like cello Indjo? I think they're pretty cool.
Not in particular. To me they look ..... colorless(?), not to attractive. I prefer metallic colors and now the dragons. Not that I like the colors too much, it's just that they're genetically complicated (too much cross bred I think) and always makes me wonder of the out comes.

The only light colors I like are - white opaque/platinum, true golden yellow/orange (not the cello version). But working with those colors would mean tons of different light colors (specially when working with drgn scales).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts