Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have an aquarium vacuum, but I do have a turkey baster thingy for picking up all the yucky leftovers. I'm looking for stuff to go on the bottom of a divided 10 gallon tank for my 2 boys.

I have back sand substrate in my other 10gal (boyfriend's pick), and glass stones in my boys current bowls. I feel like the sand can leave the water a little cloudy but maybe thats just me.

Just looking for opinions on which is easier to maintain/clean or preferences. :)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
What I've seen recommended for animals that can ingest substrate is either gluing a layer of gravel or sand, or using a piece of slate! Obv you shouldn't be concerned about your betta munching on the sand, but it makes it a lot easier to clean!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hah no I don't have any sifting fish for my boy's divided tank. Just the two bettas :)

I got the substrate for my first 10 gallon because I have cory in there and its easier on their barbels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.