Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! So I bough aqua salt, a few new silk plants, bloodworms and a hideaway place for my Betta just awhile ago. After setting things up, I gave him a few bloodworms and a bit of his regular food. Now he's glass surfing ad won't stop. Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm afraid we'll need more details than that. Was he sick before or something? Glass surfing, as far as I know, is just a sign of boredom. Can't harm his physical health, but might his mental health.

How big is your tank and is the hideaway and silk your only items you got in there? If it's barren he'll be bored. You may need more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He has a 5 gallon tank. A bright yellow snail as a tank mate. He had a different silk in there that had an edge piece that cut his fins. He's never glass surfed before.
His tank is filtered, heated, with 4 silks and white gravel, and a squidwards house hideaway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wait... This is a new term for me. I looked it up though, and it seems my fish is always doing this. My last fish did it too. She does it the most when I come in the room or she sees me get up. When I'm just studying or being still, she does it much less and mostly chills herself. I just thought she was excited to see me. She's really active. Am I wrong? Do I need to get her some entertainment? She has a leaf hammock, but silk plants are non-existent in stores these days, and the last time I bought a hide-away for my fish, it hurt him. All I know is when I woke up, he had small cuts and a big gash on him.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My Girlfriend's fish did that initially when we first got him. Stopped after about a week. He has lots of toys to distract him. He's been doing it again lately though, maybe he's bored of hits stuff. Maybe it's a seasonal/full moon thing.

I just got my second fish, and 90% of the time it's what he's doing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.