Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if the 5G/10G Glofish Tank kits are worth the buy. Is the filter it comes with viable for bettas? All the other accessories, the filter, the hood light, and the size? I was thinking that the price for it seems decent for all it comes with, and maybe it might be my first betta tank. Is it safe for bettas, and would you buy it?

Here is the link for the picture and everything it comes with:

5g:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/GloFish-5-Gallon-Aquarium-Kit-Fish-Aquatic-Pets/29114303

10g:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/29114304?...82858741&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=62254169101&veh=sem

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
579 Posts
My Mister B's tank is one of these, and while I do need to replace the filter, (I, dropped it and the impeller broke so it periodically needs to be reminded to run.) it has served the purpose well... Oh wait, I just remembered I switched out the micro filter it comes with and the micro filter it comes with is currently being used as extra water circulation on the turtle tank... even still all the parts of the original setup are still fully functioning..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dang, I didnt realize that the lighting was a bright blue. I looked up videos and I can now see how vibrant it is. This would ruin the black and white zen theme I have going for my platinum white betta. Maybe I should go with a different kit set-up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh wow, the Fluval Chi seems perfect for what I want it for. Although I can only seem to find it for 5g... I was hoping for a 10g especially if I wanted to try fitting a molly in there. So close

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes I am more a fan of the Fluvals than of the glofish. Just got rid of a glofish 2.5. Fluvals look great and hide those attachments. Maybe look at other Fluvals? No idea if they come in ten gallon. I finally decided to do a piece by piece aquarium for Zen rather then a kit. Kits never met specs after I started researching. Five gallon good for betta and a snail, IMHO. And many plants, possibly. That is my next endeavor.

(Lol, Zen is the name of my betta)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive posted this in my other thread:

I've finally decided on getting a regular 10g tank with a divider, and get another betta- a pure black, as opposed to adding in a molly/platy in with the original white betta. Dont worry as im not using a clear divider, im using the DIY one here! :)

http://thewildsideblog.com/diy-aquar...or-betta-fish/

Im even doubling up the mesh for extra stress-relief. Black one one side and white on the other, haha. I cant wait to post pictures of this tank when its done.

I would love to go with a Chi tank, but I really dont want to go through ordering online as shipping for tanks sounds like a nightmare. Id only get a 10g+ Chi if it was available at my local stores

1 - 11 of 11 Posts