Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would I be able to have glofish with my betta in a 10g? If so, how many?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Glofish are pretty, and bright! But..... thats bad to mix with betta. My brother tried to introduce some glofish into his betta, but they were too flashy and the betta attacked the poor lil guys. Im pretty sure they are just danios, correct me if im wrong. But regular danios or zebra danios are better cuz they are not so flashy, so less attracting for the bettas to attack. Any who..... glofish are mad expensive any way... i see them from 4-6 bux.... kinds ridiculous i think, just cuz they are bright and pretty haha. Good luck if you try!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was thinking between them or a different kind.. How about zebra danios? That was another idea I had.............

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Zebra danios should be fine. Glo fish are just Genetically modified for their color. Maybe try Rosy red minnows too. Those are only 13 cents at petsmart! Or feeder guppies.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, well how many zebras would I be able to fit???

·
Registered
981 Posts
I had zebra danios with a female betta and they were all fine. I had 4 zebra danios, 1 female betta and 3 peppered cories all in a 10 gallon tank no problems.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so maybe I'll get what you got...

I could have a betta, 4 zebras, and 3 cories... that sounds cool... That'll be an idea...

As of now, these are my choices~

1 betta and...

*4 zebra danios-3 corys
*6 zebra danios

·
Registered
981 Posts
Sounds good. I really love my cories, they're so fun to watch. And zebra danios are zippy little fish.
EDIT: Make sure you cycle your 10 gallon. Cories are pretty sensitive to water perameters.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had my tank set up for almost a year, so I'm pretty safe.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help! I'm prob. going to get the cories and zebras, that'll be a cool tank!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would it be ok if the zebras were long-finned? Or would that be a total no-no

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Hmmm..... It depends on your betta really. Some male bettas will live with Guppies with no problem and others.... well.... it isn't too pretty!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Long fins are a rule of thumb are usually no go, but if you would like to you could try! You never know. Also like mentioned above Rosy Red minnows are fun to watch. I like mine. I would be careful with the adding so many fish at once, you could disrupt the cycle. id add the corys then 2 weeks later add the danios.

·
Registered
781 Posts
how about a couple of mystery snails (I think they are really apple snails in a sorority?

·
Registered
38 Posts
My Betta, Jasper, has a Blue Mystery Snail buddy "Gary". Other than trying to taste-test him at first introduction, he doesn't mind his new tank mate and even swims over to check up on Gary often to make sure he's still around. :)

Once I get a 10g set up, I will probably add a 2nd one. They're neat little guys, I think.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
kstiles.........be careful if u put snails in your sorority, i had to remove mine, the girls would not stop pecking at them

1 - 20 of 32 Posts