Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to the Golden State Bettas chapter meeting tomorrow. The subject is cultures and food for fry, and there's going to be a raffle! I've been informed that there will be some "lovely" dragon females in the raffle, along with some males, cultures, equipment and other things.

EEEEK. Wish me luck. But not TOO much luck, or I'll end up begging for adoptions in the Classifieds. :p

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My husband said, "Don't come home with any fish." I looked at him, and he hesitated, continued with "Were you intending to come home with a fish?"

"Well, there's this raffle..."

He sighed. "If you win a fish, I guess that's okay."

Yay.

·
Registered
606 Posts
AHHHH NEW FISH. I can't wait to see pictures!

I just joined the IBC myself. I don't think the Midwest region meets up very often, but I did side eye my boyfriend with the comment "If I end up heading to a betta show almost four hours away, I hope you don't think I'm crazy..."

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK! FIRST! NEW FISH!
Mr. Furious Fins:

The exact same fish in sunlight. Holy crap.

Mr. Furious Fins has bitten off two chunks of his tail. I'm sorry, dude, hurry up and acclimate. :roll:

Lady Melano is much more difficult to photograph. 'Cause, you know. She's black.

Annnnd...Here's the raffle table!
Table #1a : FISH

Table #1b : Goodie Bags

Table #2 : Grand Prizes

I had room for one fish, and of course won two. Yvonne Chaban, the chapter head, gave me one of the 10 gallons, and another wonderful individual gave me a 5 gallon. THEY WILL HAVE HOMES.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I'm obsessed with your red crowntail! He is absolutely stunning!!! Congrats on winning two raffles, and on your new tanks!! That's so awesome that they just gave those to you! Your new boy and girl are going to a wonderful home!!!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There's something about him that's special, isn't there? Would you believe that I was the only one to put a ticket in his cup? I can't believe other people passed him up. Maybe because he was in a bag and didn't show off to advantage? Whatever. It was meant to be. I want him next to my desk, if I can somehow manage it.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Obviously he was meant just for you! Someone hid his beauty in a bag so that no one else would try for him and he could take his rightful place on your desk hahaha. That bright red makes me think of the name Fireball (maybe because I'm a big fan of the adult beverage by the same name >.>). He's soooooo red!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oooh, you and my husband. Hah. He has approved of this message, but my roommate insists we wait to see his personality.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.