Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
Lots!
954 Posts
Going to try and grow out the plants. Once I find the perfect stick I'll add one.
I've been doing weekly 10% water changes. But have a film on top of the water?
This is the 2nd week with 2 water changes.. I'll be cleaning the glass with this next change.. View attachment 1050060
Hi, you could also install a bubbler to break up the surface a bit more on the opposite end of the tank as your filter. It’ll create more agitation. My bettas love swimming in the bubbles too. It’ll also keep the water circulating better and provide more oxygenation for your lovely betta. It’ll also help your filter work more efficiently with all that good flow. Just a thought! Love your Crypts! 😍

· Administrator
24,567 Posts
Hi, you could also install a bubbler to break up the surface a bit more on the opposite end of the tank as your filter. It’ll create more agitation. My bettas love swimming in the bubbles too. It’ll also keep the water circulating better and provide more oxygenation for your lovely betta. It’ll also help your filter work more efficiently with all that good flow. Just a thought! Love your Crypts! 😍
Agreed. Most plants do not do well is near-stagnant water. They need current for best growth.

Unless the filter output is so strong that a Betta is blown all over the tank and doesn't have a calm place to eat or rest the output is not too strong.

So turn the filter up until there is some surface agitation. Your Betta and your plants will thank you for it.

Oh, and don't forget fertilizers. Rooted plants need tabs in the substrate and stem plants need column fertilizers. I buy mine here North America's Most Trusted Aquarium Store - NilocG Aquatics Inc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts