Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm new to this site, and new to Betta care as well. my Betta Rhaegar is a blue veil fin, and when i first got him his face was very dark. in the past few days i've noticed a few of the scales on his face have turned gold, and right under his chin is white.
he lives in a 2 gallon tank with a plant, no filter, and a mini heater, i do 30-40% water changes every week, the tank is fully cycled. he's been eating okay, i guess, he chews for a bit longer and sometimes spits it out, but then swims and gobbles it back up. he is pretty active, and swims with his fins out (not clumped up.) he even made a bubble nest the other day but it was unfortunately disrupted by the water change.
i've searched far and wide for betta diseases and none of them seem to explain the change in his scale colours. it's bilateral, and there's even a little redness i noticed just now right near his gills. it doesn't look like velvet from the pictures i've seen, but i'm honestly at a lost. :-(
i tried to get a good picture but he's a bit camera shy.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also if anyone could tell me why his one fin has colour and the other one doesn't that would be great. i bought him and his fins were already like that...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also if anyone could tell me why his one fin has colour and the other one doesn't that would be great. i bought him and his fins were already like that...

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
He's normal, they can change their colors slightly through the day, paled colors is generally from stress of any kind but what he's got is nothing to worry about, that's all pretty normal coloring.

And which fin do you mean? His pectorals? That's normal too, just like everything else in the world, Betta's aren't perfect or even fully symmetrical so things like that is normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i meant the pectorals. thank you so much! i just really love him and i've had him for over a month now. i don't want him to get sick is all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts