Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Betta breeders , new to the BETTA community from the land of africa , for more than 7 years with Goldfish breeding now my plan to start new Betta project for breeding , with limited resources in our pets-shop
This phots of my previous GF BREEDING projects and looking for betta professional breeders ADVICES how to start and whats the same as GF & BETTA BREEDING

·
Super Moderator
5,769 Posts
Hello. Welcome to the forum.
GF and Betta breeding are definitely different. GF scatter eggs and will always eat the eggs if given the chance. Bettas are nesters, and care (supposed to) for eggs and fry. The only thing similar is the way they swim when they want to breed.

Both have their pros and cons. Bettas are easier to manipulate, especially younger Bettas. However breeding may kill either one, while GF breeding never causes death. IMO, breeding is easy. The real challenge is rearing fry.

I can't explain everything all at once. I suggest you do as much research, then come here with more specific questions.

Determine a goal - commercial, hobby, or show. That will determine what type/s you need to breed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts