Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted earlier about microorganisms crawling and swimming around, and said I'd post a video of one of em. Watch it here.

I haven't really been able to find out what this little dude is called and whether or not it's a good or bad type of microorganism. As of now, Athena doesn't seem to be bothered and maybe picks at one occasionally; she actually seems a lot happier and more active now after the snail passed lol.

So any ideas, guys? Should I be worried?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have no idea because every time I try to watch in HD 1080/720 YouTube makes the video turn all garbled. Refreshing doesn't fix it. Never had this issue before... I'm sorry I can't help!! DX

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah that's annoying! But thank you for trying anyway!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've compared the two, and these don't have that triangular shape to their head at all, and planaria and typically longer than these guys. I'm pretty positive I found what they are.

This type of Harpacticoid Copepod has the exact body shape and the two sets of antennae that the ones in my aquarium have. I'm hoping I'm right, because everything I've read about them explains that these guys are not harmful and that fish love to snack on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts