Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.5 gallon tank at the moment with a delta tail betta named Billy. I was wondering If I could get another betta and put it in 5 gallons with him with it divided. Maybe I could stretch it a little to 6 gallons but still a maybe. I don't want to keep an unhappy betta so if you can please tell if I can put them both in a possible future 5-6 gallon divided tank that would be great. If not tell me which size is best to see if I can get it. The tank will be kept on a kitchen counter and I'm like a snowbird who moves to somewhere warmer in the winter then in the summer return to the place before so it's not like I can get a 20 gallon tank I wish I could too hard to move.

·
Super Moderator
22,880 Posts
IMO, a 10 gallon is a good size. The reason I like a 10 is you can use two dividers and make a "neutral" zone in the middle for the heater and filter. However, if space/moving are considerations then dividing a five gallon or six gallon would work. I wouldn't divide anything smaller.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
If you can swing a 10 gallon, that's what I recommend. :3 I have one, and I just have it divided once, so each of my boys has 5 gallons. Russel has a very good idea, though. A 10 gallon tank really isn't all that big, so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle for you to move when necessary. And if you have a Petco around, they're having their $1 Per Gallon Sale, so you can grab a $10 (the sale only applies to 10 gallons and up) for $10!

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Ok, I'm on vacation right now how much longer is this sale lasting.
According to a Petco employee on another forum the sale lasts until 1/24/15.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
i agree with the 10 gallon size.

You can also divide it in 3 sections. The middle section will be super tiny and only large enough to fit a filter and heater. This way your fish have something blocking the view of the other and if one happens to make it through the divider you have a little "safe area"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.