Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the "Marine Goldfish Starter Kit" 5.5 Gal/21L with a filter, I was thinking of getting that aquarium but is it really 5.5? Is it small, is it worth it? My betta who lives in a 1/2 gallon is looking to get a bigger home. I want to know if this aquarium is REALLY worth it.

I showed my mom, but she says "Don't get that, I found a really big Pet Store, they have good prices and stuff I have to take you."

So I don't know if I should rush and just get that aquarium or get a nicer, better one with my mom? Is it worth it? :shock:

· Registered
58 Posts
Does anyone have the "Marine Goldfish Starter Kit" 5.5 Gal/21L with a filter, I was thinking of getting that aquarium but is it really 5.5? Is it small, is it worth it? My betta who lives in a 1/2 gallon is looking to get a bigger home. I want to know if this aquarium is REALLY worth it.

I showed my mom, but she says "Don't get that, I found a really big Pet Store, they have good prices and stuff I have to take you."

So I don't know if I should rush and just get that aquarium or get a nicer, better one with my mom? Is it worth it? :shock:
Just go with your mom, if your gonna get a better, bigger one then go with your mom... it won't hurt to wait a week or two, your betta's not gonna die....

· Registered
3,745 Posts
Your betta will be fine until you go to the other store given youre doing proper water changes to keep the ammonia down.

5 gallons is a nice sized tank. The bigger the better, they love it! :-D
I'd reccomend getting a glass tank, plastic is easy to scratch (;

· Registered
1,212 Posts
I've seen lots of people with these tanks and their fish are happy in them, although I think as far as kits go you could find one better suited to a betta's needs. If your mom is willing to spring for a nicer aquarium, definitely do that! Just make sure she knows that the betta will need at minimum a filter and a heater appropriate for the size of the tank, if you end up buying the pieces separately. Also lots of plants (fake or real) and hiding spot or two.

A lot of pet stores have aquarium sales that put online prices to shame. Plus, you don't have to pay any shipping ;) It's also really nice to be able to see tanks in person before you buy them.

· Registered
560 Posts
As the others say go with your mom to the pet store. A word of advice though: Tell your mom what your fish needs and what you intend to buy. Also if you can get as big a tank as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.