Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My MG HMPK female Chihiro unexpectedly passed this morning...she was just fine at 6 this morning when I got back from foal watch and when I woke up from a nap at 12 she was dead. The other girl in the tank (divided 10g) River is doing just fine. I don't even know what happened, she ate this morning when I fed them and she's been pooping fine, literally nothing was wrong with her and she wasn't old. She was less than a year of age.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
OMG no no no no no :'( you've lost way too many this past few months. I'm so sorry. SIP Chihiro. Visit the ghostly land of Spirited Away :') x

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Olivia. Vincent isn't looking good either. He's relapsed again in his swim bladder issues. It happens after he eats. It started after he ate bloodworms a week after I got him then he got better and ate pellets for me recently but now he's sick again. I've tried everything to treat him so idk what to do right now.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Some fish are just more prone to SBD than others I suppose. Just start on laxative foods and maybe half a tsp/gal ES for now. In the future he might need all his food pre-soaked before feeding.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Oh no!!! That's so awful! I'm so sorry you lost her too! :-( SIP sweet girl ❤
Sorry to hear about your other boy too :/

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some fish are just more prone to SBD than others I suppose. Just start on laxative foods and maybe half a tsp/gal ES for now. In the future he might need all his food pre-soaked before feeding.
He's been treated with Epsom salt three times now and he refuses to eat anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts