Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe it happened. Mr. Fishburne was doing so well and then today, I walked into the kitchen with bare feet and felt something squishy under my foot! Mr. Fishburne must have jumped through the center hole in the cover of his cube and landed on the floor. In the 3 months I had him, he had never jumped out before. I am very sad. Goodbye Mr. Fishburne, you were a beautiful, interesting fish. The weird thing is, I dreamt of him last night, a big goldfish had gotten into his tank and bit his tail off. Mr. Fishburne whispered to me.."Help me" and I asked him if he wanted me to put him out of his misery and he said, "please." Then I stepped on him today!! A little spooky, huh?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks SparkyJoe. Disturbing is a good word for it. I just feel so bad about stepping on him. I keep thinking that if I hadn't, maybe I could have saved him.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Oh, don't think that way! I believe God has a plan and a purpose for all things. Think of it this way... In all likelihood he was already gone, but even if he wasn't it's possible that he would have been beyond saving. Therefore, from his perspective, you ended his suffering quickly and painlessly.

Blessings to you.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'm sorry. :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace Mr. Fishburne. :'(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts