Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, I know that somethings can get kind of expensive when your a Betta keeper, but always check places like Goodwill for aquarium items! The other day I saw a really really cute 1 gal. bowl for half the price as they are at WalMart and I even got a little treasure chest for my tank. Just remember to wash any of the items you get with hot water before putting them in your tank!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I go to Goodwill with my Grandmother when she drives 12 hours to come visit...and she is 78, and loves it haha.
Anyway, I rarely am allowed to go because my dad's 'health standards' are very high, and annoying!
I saw an amazing 50 gallon aquarium there with a wooden border, gravel, a hiding rock, and some plants all for 20 dollars. It really was the perfect sorority tank if you ask me!

·
Registered
148 Posts
omg i never thought of that! looks like im going to be searching the goodwills and the salvation army place tomorrow... lol

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
i've been wanting to take a trip to goodwill lately. mostly to feed my My Little Pony addiction, but i always look for tanks and such! it's rare to find them at my local goodwill, though. D:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I love the goodwill! The first place I go to..The furniture section where they would keep fish tanks and stands and such...then I make my way over to the knickknacks/cups and stuff...Then If I find nothing... I make my way over to the dresses...:lol:

I found a 10 gallon kit brand new with an unopened aquaclear filter, and digital thermometer at the goodwill once.:-D...I found a 3 gallon critter keeper at another thrift store too...

·
Registered
619 Posts
I want to go to my local good will so bad but my mom doesn't want me to DX I'm thinking I may try and go with ym friend. I know her sister worked there. Not sure if she still does.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I haunt my local thrift stores all the time lol. I actually found a 75 gal and stand at one... no one is buying it because of the high price, but I'm checking every week for it to go down. Visions of a tank divided a few ways are dancing in my head, as are those of a sorority tank...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.