Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time having an aquarium this large. I also have a 3gal for my female Sushi, and a 5.5 for my male Atlas. Both are planted/filtered/heated. Both have snails and the 5.5 has 4 ghost shrimp.

For the 10gal, I just set it up today. So far it has black gravel, a terra cotta pot, and a large corner cave. The only live plant currently in there is a small bunch of java moss from Sushi's tank, and there are a few stones from Atlas's tank. I plan to get at least 4 live plants this weekend. As well as another for Atlas and Sushi. I will also get some rocks to make small hiding caves.

So what can I keep in this 10 gallon heated, filtered and planted tank? I was thinking about corydoras? or some kind of small tetras?

I have no experience with fish other than bettas.

Also, I wont be getting the fish for a few months, and I will get the betta when I find the perfect one. I'm going to my LFS and petco this weekend to look for plants and stuff, so If I find a betta then, it could be this weekend. I'm also looking online for my perfect guy!

Thanks!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yup pygmy/dwarf cories should do well in the tank. Make sure it's a well-established tank beforehand though. Another option is a small school of nano fish (like galaxy rasboras).

·
Registered
176 Posts
Do want just one male betta or have you considered a sorority?

In addition to fish, you could also add snails, shrimp or African dwarf frogs

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would rater a male betta to a sorority. I dont have enough extra tanks/heaters fora sorority if things dont work out.

I also just want another male, since I prefer them to females. Plus a community tank has always been something I thought was interesting.

I do plan on shrimp. I have 4 in my 5.5. Not sure about snails, my mystery snails are very messy. I dont really want ADF.

So far i'm thinking about 6 corys. Though I have months to think about it and see how the New guy is, when I get him. I could get him this weekend since im going to a few different petstores for live plants. Who knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts