Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me introduce you all to my new Betta:
View attachment 49756

All I know is that its a Crownfish Betta. I am trying to find out exactly which he is though so any help would be appreciated.

I have him in a 3.5 gallon tank with a filter, heater, some plants & currently just have the container he came with as a "cave". I will be getting something else though for him to hide in.

I have already seen him make one bubble nest in the left corner of my tank which made me very happy. I feed him only 3-4 pellets twice a day as well. He has one tank mate, which is a common algae eater (pleco)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Your fish isn't a clownfish. A Clownfish is a marine species commonly associated with the movie Finding Nemo:

Your Betta appears to be a multicolour Crowntail, or mostly blue with some redwash in his fins. He looks really cute!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Please note that a common Pleco is NOT a suitable fish for your tank! They get HUGE. Actually, a 3.5 gallon tank isn't suitable for any betta tank mates aside from a snail or some shrimp. You should really consider getting a much larger tank or rehoming the Pleco. Congrats on your new betta though!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, plecos grow huge, my brother has a 28 cm long one in a 500l aquarium.
I think anything smaller than 150l is not suitable for them..

It indeed seems tiny now and as if he has plenty of space or i don't know, but in a year's time...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took the Pleco out as I was concerned for his health so now its just the Betta. Who every morning is flaring his fins at 8am waiting for his feeding :)

Yesterday I took out the container he came with & went out and purchased the Floating Log which once in awhile he will go in & "check out" I also did a 50% water change.

All in all, hes a very happy & healthy fish :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts