Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my first Betta :) NEED (begging) for help! Betta may die!

Hi everyone! I got my first Betta today :) His name is Marlin. He is in his new one gallon tank right now. I used a 1/2 and 1/2 mix of distilled water and filtered (from the fridge) water. The water sat for about 5 hours and go to room temp. One problem: He is at the bottom of the tank and barely moving. He won't eat and seemed happier when I put him back in the store bought cut with 1/2 boiling water and 1/2 aquarium water. I ordered a heater http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00106X8QG/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details and it will be here tomorrow. Is the issue temperture? One more thing (well two more things :)) I have an air pump in the tank is it needed? Is the heater any good? And most importantly, how do I make him more happy? He is my first betta, and first fish in at least 4 years. (goldfish before him) (lived with monthly water changes in 1 gallon tank, weekly feedings), and lived for a year!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Did you add declorinator to the water?? It's SUPER important as untreated water will harm bettas. Just use tap water, no distilled or filtered.
Don't use boiling water. If you're stuck without a heater until tomorrow just leave him at room temp in the warmest part of your house.
Bettas can take a while to adapt to their new homes.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Please refrain from making multiple same topic threads.. as it can confuse other members here who have helped in one thread, and others posting in the other thread. Thanks!

Original thread

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.