Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've noticed George here with a graying dorsal fin. Water params are WNL and water temp is between 79 to 82. Partial water changes once a week with a 100% water change every few weeks. He does appear to have a tumor? on the side of his head just behind his eye which has grown larger over the past few months. His behavior hasn't changed and neither has his eating, other than not wanting to eat pellets. So what do y'all think is going on with him. I'm getting ready to out of town for a few weeks so I need to let my neighbor (a fish guy) know what's going on. Thanks :)

Oh, and the spots are just some spots on the outside of the tank. And also his dorsal fin is torn.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
It just looks like a natural occurence of discoloration to me. And the provided fasts indicate that it is a natural occurence. If he is eating, acting happy, and his normal self. Then I would expect it not to be the mystery disease

PS - I live about 30-45 minutes away from downtown san Antonio

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It just looks like a natural occurence of discoloration to me. And the provided fasts indicate that it is a natural occurence. If he is eating, acting happy, and his normal self. Then I would expect it not to be the mystery disease

PS - I live about 30-45 minutes away from downtown san Antonio
Thanks Mo. You live in this area? That's cool. I live out past the Rim and Fiesta.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Some bettas do naturally change colors. If he is acting normal, and I would think it's natural and not the mystery disease.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts