Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a place to order plants online. The variety isn't that great, but I'm totally fine with it. And.. best part.. FREE SHIPPING! :D They ship to all over, even Canada (I couldn't find any sites that ship to Canada).

http://aqmagic.com/

I was reading a few other forums and it seems this is a great place to shop from.. They send you just the rhizome/root of plants, so there is no "melt down" in your tank, it just grows anew.

They have NANO MARIMO! :)
Also there is a really cool bamboo shelter, that would look epic with moss on top.
I got a large tank off the side of the road that holds water, with a stand, filter and heater for free. I'm cleaning it and selling it to fund my 17 gallon tank with plants, and I may need a new lamp. :)

My list:
Nano marimo 5 pack - x2
Star moss - x2
Anubias barteri Gold - x2
Natural Bamboo Shelter for Shrimp, Pleco and Fish - x1
Fissidens zippelianus - x1
Giant Marimo Ball - x1
Total - $58.88
I have to cut down on this list a lot, depending on how much I sell my tank for.

Just thought you guys should check this site out :)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I bought the nano moss balls from them a few months ago (a lot us on here did at the time) and they were excellent and shipped really quickly! They even offered to replace the full package if I wasn't 100% satisfied with my purchase, I keep the first shipment for free. Excellent service.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the nano moss balls from them a few months ago (a lot us on here did at the time) and they were excellent and shipped really quickly! They even offered to replace the full package if I wasn't 100% satisfied with my purchase, I keep the first shipment for free. Excellent service.
Good to know :) It seems pretty good.
Is only your first shipment from them free?

·
Registered
980 Posts

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are cheaper on Ebay, but the shipping costs via eBay and it actually ends up costing more than from the site ;)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Hmm... maybe. Depends on if I win the ebay bid for less then the price on the official site. Still considering though. I might wait til I upgrade Bettabettabetta to a split 10 gallon to mess with life plants. So so so want a second fish. And those big ears on AB are calling to me!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Well no, they said if I wasn't happy with my nanos, they would replace them and the shipping for free and let me keep the ones I wasn't happy with :) I payed $6.90 off eBay for mine with shipping. The website is saying it's $5.90 for the nanos plus $5.90 shipping for me :S

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ohh I see. It's free shipping for orders over $50. Guess I will just spend over $50 and it will be a savings overall. :)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I just bought some nanos. 5 pack. it was only 11.80 which I don't think it that bad.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It said 5-9 business days for US/Canada, less time in capitals/large cities..
I actually just ordered $50 worth of stuff to get free shipping (plants and that lovely bamboo shelter) last night, I will say when I get my stuff, and post on quality of plants received. :)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
mine said 2-5 business working days, and with that I should get mine anywhere from tomorrow to Friday. I'll definitely let you guys know though

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I paid with paypal and it stills says awaiting payment for me..
Did you use Fedex? I just used the standard so I could get free shipping.. Cause $50 is enough money spent for me haha :D

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I used paypal as well and I got a conformation e-mail that they got paid right away. I have no idea who their shipping it with. But if I dont receive it this week I'll e-mail them and ask

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm expecting mine to take a bit longer since I'm in a small Canadian town.
I got the email too.
But on the website, under account, under order status, at the bottom is still says awaiting payment.
Anyways, I'm HOPING for Friday, hehe. But if it's not in by next Thursday night I will send an email.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I purchased a little over an hour ago and said I paid, but unverified? I didn't get up to the $50 and so paid for shipping but there was no option UPS/Fedex/etc. just how much the shipping charge was.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think they look over each order individually, it says it can take up to 2 days for them to process it. As long as you have a receipt in your email you are fine..
Also I think you need to put it in the "notes" when you are ordering if you want something other than standard air, and they work that in? Not sure.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.