Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plants are getting green spots on the leaves. I've been dosing one squirt of fertilizer every other day. It says one squirt per 5 gallon but I have an 8 gallon. Am I not dosing enough or is it too much? Too much light? Fertilizer is Nilcog Thrive.
20210113_120323.jpg
20210113_120842.jpg

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My biggest concern was the green spots. I been keeping lights off most of today because I thought plants are starting to get sick from it or something

·
RusselltheShihTzu
21,012 Posts
What is the plant? Does the green come off if rubbed?

My bottle says dosing is 1-3 times per week. It does not say every other day. When trying something new it is always best to go with the lowest amount, see if it is working and increase if needed. I dose once per week because I have low-maintenance plants and do not supplement CO2.

·
RusselltheShihTzu
21,012 Posts
Wash in plain water and use a soft brush to remove algae. Make sure you've rinsed off all of the algae. Then try eight hours and fertilizing once a week. That should do the trick. You can also do the above and leave the lights off for three days. Ambient light is enough for 3-4 days (or even more). But I go with three.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts