Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am an English teacher living in Pensacola. I just got back into aquarium keeping, and I decided to provide a happy home for a betta. I'm also on the Aquarium Advice forum (BarleyBear there, also). I look forward to getting to know folks on here and learning all about betta care.

Here are some pics of Radagast, a chocolate half moon I got from Thailand. He arrived with a chunk out of his tail (I think he chewed on it), but he is doing fine and healing up already. And he seems to enjoy his new bigger home with lots of plants, and he seems to be getting along fine with his tank mates (cory, pleco, snails, and shrimp).

Fish Fish Tail Organism Goldfish

Organism Plant Wildlife

Nature Leaf Organism Plant Aquatic plant

Green Nature Leaf Organism Plant

Organism Feather Wing Plant Tail

Aquarium decor Freshwater aquarium Aquarium Nature Aquarium lighting

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
HI! an english teacher... I just got out of some english classes in college. Don't grade me on my typing please! :lol: You have a lovely fish. Just the colors I am looking for. Now I am jealous:p

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI! an english teacher... I just got out of some english classes in college. Don't grade me on my typing please! :lol: You have a lovely fish. Just the colors I am looking for. Now I am jealous:p
Thanks for the compliment. I was originally hunting for a black, red, or black and red king crown tail from Thailand, but when I saw him I just couldn't resist. I've never seen any colors like that before.

And don't worry about my grading your typing! I don't even think twice about it with online communications.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Radagast? Like from lotr? I knew that name looked so familiar... But anyway, greetings from Boca!
I think you're the first to recognize the name. Yep, Radagast the Brown from LOTR.

Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Your welcome, I think I have just about every betta I wanted (I have a chocolate too) except for a betta that has mostly black or all black.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really love the black crowntails.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Embrace the nerd within!

I love your bettas name: Goblin. Too cool.
I game a little too much, and I'm a computer engineering major. I can't figure out what to name my marimo moss ball though. I was contemplating Gremlin, but I'm tempted to name it Imp or Elpy. :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I game a little too much, and I'm a computer engineering major. I can't figure out what to name my marimo moss ball though. I was contemplating Gremlin, but I'm tempted to name it Imp or Elpy. :p
I have two marimo balls. I just call them tribbles. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the forum BarleyBear!
Wow, Radagast is gorgeous! Love his coloring. Looks like you have given him a great home as well, beautiful tank!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I only have room for one, I've only got a 4 gallon tank. So I think Gremlin is it's name right now. I don't have room for much more in my tank.

I think Gremlin is an awesome name.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome from everybody!

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping......so glad you found us and joined our Betta keeping community......

Look forward to seeing pics and hearing more about your Betta adventures....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts