Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good Afternoon All.

My Name is Vin. I have kept a few bettas in the past and moved down the slope into the Saltwater / Coral Reef many years ago.
I live by myself now and revisited my passion for fish when my Girlfriends son recently took home a goldfish from a local carnival.

That poor fella didn't last long in his makeshift bowl,
But it started my itch up again. LOL >:)

I started my new sand / small gravel substrate planted tank about 3 weeks ago and have gradually been adding to it.
The few Adder cones turned my water a tea color for a few days, But it seemed to clear.

Right now this 6 gallon tank it houses " Jerry" my Betta ..
Floyd the Emerald Cory.
Al, the Albino Cory
A school of 5 Ember Tetras
2 small Otto Cats
7 or 8 Shrimp
No further residents planned for this tank.. Maybe a few more shrimp, or
Maybe another tank. :wink3:

I have a Aquaclear- 30 HoB filter on its lowest setting and the in built in tank filter going at the moment.

I look forward to reading, snooping at your pics :smile2:
and posts and learning from all of you.

Respectfully,
LedZep - AKA.. Vin

Attachments

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you find you like it here. Always good to see some one from the old neighbor hood. I'm originally from Lancaster PA until 4 years ago when My wife and I moved here to Oil City PA. There's a lot of really good people here on the forum, and we have some of the most knowledgeable experience in this hobby. So don't be afraid to ask any questions.

·
Super Moderator
19,404 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Question: Is that a six or 16 gallon tank? Looks big for a six.

Jerry is wonderful; love his color and pattern. As he appears to be a Double Tail, I would suggest feeding him several small meals per day instead of one big one. Because of their body shape, DT can more easily bloat than other types.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Question: Is that a six or 16 gallon tank? Looks big for a six.

Jerry is wonderful; love his color and pattern. As he appears to be a Double Tail, I would suggest feeding him several small meals per day instead of one big one. Because of their body shape, DT can more easily bloat than other types.
I believe it's technically a 5.5g. It looks identical to the topfin one I recently bought and it's the only size they make in that style. They're long rather than tall.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Hi there and welcome in! Jerry is very beautiful and so is your tank. By chance, is the tank lid a custom build or came with the aquarium kit? I like the lid design and those brackets.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The tank is beautiful, and Jerry is gorgeous I know he will like his new home. I'm glad to see the tank over filtered with the Aqua Clear 30. With the bio load you have it's always good to over filter. Really great tank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there and welcome in! Jerry is very beautiful and so is your tank. By chance, is the tank lid a custom build or came with the aquarium kit? I like the lid design and those brackets.

Thank you. :)

The lid and brackets came with the tank, the brackets are movable based on what you have hanging where.

- Vin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts