Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I just joined last week, and this is my first post! I adore bettas so much. I worked in a pet store a couple of years ago, and they became a love of mine. I've never had them live long, but that was before I became really educated about them.

I recently purchased a 20 gallon aquarium, that is currently in the cycling process. I am planning on doing a community tank, of females, and neon tetras. We'll see how it goes. I already have 2 girls now. They are beauties. One I bought from a LFS, and the other is from PetSmart. The one from Petsmart I felt sorry for. She seemed forgotten, and not as healthy. I've since gotten her eating good, medicated her, and her fins and scales have greatly improved. I've got them in individual vases right now, until the tank cycles. I figure, they'd be that way anyway. This way I can make sure their water is clean, and can monitor them. Which they probably wouldn't get as much from the pet stores.

Sorry to be so chatty! I'm excited for this new adventure, and I love my fishies. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to the forum and Greetings from Canada!!!! :p

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi and welcome! You are soooooooo lucky to live in FL, I used to live in Sarasota but moved to NY a few months ago.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm actually here in florida now in vero visiting mom n dad yesterday was their wedding I'm so happy for them. The weather has been nice and florida like usual treating me good. Don't want to leave but my babies are home and I'm missing them! Love it here, maybe I'll make it my home someday!

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Welcome!!!
I hail from Orlando. But my heart is in Ocala where my dream barn is :)
BTw, love your avatar, looks like your fishy has some kissy lips.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It's like invasion of the Floridians up in here. :lol:
I swear, this forum needs a like button :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.