Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I thought I'd pop in and introduce myself and my halfsun marble dragon scale, Draco. I joined this forum about a week ago with the intention of posting questions I had and learning everything I don't already know about Betta fish. However, reading through the stickies and everyone else's posts, every single question or concern I had has been answered! This is by far the most helpful Betta page I have ever come across, and I'm learning something new on here every day!

Anyway, I am the proud owner of a single male betta fish named Draco. He's my little dragon of the deep and he has me smitten! :-D I've had him for just a month now, and he is very active with an insatiable appetite for pellets and flightless fruit flies! XD He gets two pellets in the morning, three to four flightless fruit flies for lunch, and two more pellets in the evening. Draco is currently living in a filtered, heated three gallon tank with silk plants, an air stone, and a leaf hammock, which is an upgrade from his original pathetic one gallon. I'm going to upgrade him again to a (partially) live planted ten gallon this weekend. I'm really excited about it, I think he will be much happier with how active he is. He is constantly swimming around so I think he will appreciate all the extra room. It will also be my first time cycling, so I'm a little nervous but I've done enough reading that it seems easy now.

Besides Draco, my boyfriend and I have two bearded dragons, three budgerigar parakeets, a cat, a dog, a ferret, a jumping spider, two tarantulas, and we breed poison dart frogs (we have about 20 ATM).

Anyway, here's Draco!

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Gorgeous boy! Welcome to the forums. =)

I have to ask, what type of jumping spider do you have? My husband and I love finding jumping spiders in the house; they're so cute!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I'm happy to be here. My jumping spider is just a Phidippus audax, a bold jumping spider. I caught him in the summer in my backyard and have been feeding him houseflies :p

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thank you! I'm happy to be here. My jumping spider is just a Phidippus audax, a bold jumping spider. I caught him in the summer in my backyard and have been feeding him houseflies :p
Very cool! Teddy bear jumping spiders are the most common in our area, occasionally we will spot zebras or bolds. We're always excited to find a bold jumping spider because they are the most interactive! Never thought of truly keeping one as a pet, though. I just hope they stay in our house and eat what they find, haha!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts