Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up this morning to find that my male betta had a large grey/white mark on the side of his body which has developed around the rest of his body as the day has gone on. I have no idea what this is!
Someone please help me and Dave (the fish).

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not sure if I would be much help but I'm sure someone who may know will want to see a picture of whats going on. Best of luck.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I am so sorry :(

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm so sorry :-( As for the water change, I would say yes, but I don't own any tanks over four gallons, so I'm not the expert on that.

·
Registered
785 Posts
My first betta died in the same fashion as yours. I didn't get to see it happen but when I woke up one morning he turned to a true black from a dark blue color. I suspected it was because he didn't go up for air very often and probably drowned, but I can't be certain.

Either way, I don't believe that it is an illness but a full water change will remove any ammonia that was expelled from his death.

Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If he was the only fish in your tank I would wash/scrub it with a bit of bleach (about 1/2 teaspoon?). Rinse till the bleach smell is gone and let it air out for at least 24 hours. Don't know what your setup is.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sorry for your loss- it definitely sounds like the mystery disease in the emergency forum. You might check that thread to see what others have done to clean their tanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts