Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My fighting fish henry has a growth white lump on his tail which i have noticed now has a hole through it. I have been treating him with blue planets fungus care, have seperated him from the other fish and change the water regularly. I have no idea what it is and he is having trouble swimming.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Unfortunately, that's a cyst. Nothing can be done about it sadly. Usually, it doesn't inhibit them severely to impact their life but it can be annoying and obviously, not pretty to look at. It's not contagious or anything like that but may hinder his swimming a bit. All you can do is just keep his water clean as normal and let it run it's course. It may eventually fall off or grow larger, if it does fall off then just keep the water clean and if you don't have inverts in the tank, you can use some Aquarium salt at a preventative dosage which is 1 tsp per 5 gallons. Dissolve it first before adding. This low dosage helps keep infection away and helps the kidney's to function better as well (higher dosages does not help kidney function). You can keep that dosage forever or eventually take it out with a 100% water change, up to you :)

Reactions: torileeann11
1 - 2 of 2 Posts