Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I filled out form but dont think it is relevant, her stomach is swollen like eaten too much and she has a clear lump on one side (her left) like as if she has eaten something and it is showing through her tummy- the lump has visibly stretched her scales (shape and colour is white) and is sticking out quite a lot.. she is fine in herself.. although one of the girls keeps nosing around her side alot which she doesn't seem too bothered by and when she flares she is left alone as she is bigger than the rest.. she is a newly added fish so I have been keeping an eye and seemes to settled in well..
My nerite snail was not small and I cannot see it atm - but cant imagine her mouth is big enuff to eat his shell? Although I do do remember my childhood goldfish thatived in outdoor pond eating a huge slug once so it did enter my head..? Plus her tummy is distended somewhat all over and that side area is sticking out so much like she ate something huge.. or is it clearly some kind of growth? ive tried to take pics but it looks worse than u can see on picss.. only way I can visually describe it is that it kinda looks like a mushroom - sorry if there a lot of pics (added extra) only I was trying to show it from various angles and lighting..
I can try and take some more this evening if it helps, any thoughts anyone?
Water Petal Organism Underwater Terrestrial plant

Water Botany Organism Terrestrial plant Aquatic plant

Water Organism Terrestrial plant Aquatic plant Fin

Green Water Organism Terrestrial plant Fish
Water Nature Petal Underwater Terrestrial plant
Water Plant Fish supply Natural environment Organism
Organism Water Terrestrial plant Marine biology Underwater
Water Organism Terrestrial plant Marine biology Underwater

Water Plant Flower Organism Underwater

How many gallons is your tank? 20
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What temperature is your tank? 26 c
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Does your Betta have tank mates? What kind? 4 other betta females and one honey goramis and a snail

Food:
What food brand do you use?
Do you feed flakes or pellets? Pellet
Freeze-dried? Yes
How often do you feed your Betta? How much? 2 sometimes 2 a day approx 2 pellets each

Maintenance:
Before
your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change? once a week
What percentage of water did you change? 40%
What is the source of your water? Tap
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water? Vacuum
What additives do you use other than conditioner? What brand of conditioner? None

Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you. Important: Test your water before the regular water change; not after one.

Ammonia: 0.2
Nitrite: trace
Nitrate: trace
pH: 6
Hardness (GH):0
Alkalinity (KH):0

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms?within last hour
How has your Betta’s appearance changed? She has a portusion on side of her stomach behind fin and tummy is swollen like she has eaten too much
How has your Betta’s behavior changed? She is the same
Is your Betta still eating? Yes but not fed her this evening yet
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how?no
Does your Betta have any history of being ill?
How long have you owned your Betta?
Was he or she ill or suffering some sort of damage when purchased?

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts